Barry A. Springer, Firm Principal
Since 1978, Barry A. Springer has represented the interests of individual, small business, corporate, institutional, and public entities from throughout Illinois, the United States, and internationally. He has dedicated his practice to representing individuals and all types and sizes of business organizations in matters of Debt & Judgment Collections, Eminent Domain, Commercial Real Estate Transactions, and Business Law.
Mr. Springer's effectiveness in debt and judgment collection and his expertise in eminent domain law have been sought out for consultation by U.S. and foreign corporations and individuals. He is the author of articles on eminent domain and real estate matters that have appeared in such legal, trade, and consumer publications as the Chicago Law Bulletin, Chicago Industrial Properties, and the Chicago Sun-Times. He is also an active speaker, addressing various bar associations and professional groups on matters of Eminent Domain and Collection Law.
When not practicing law, Mr. Springer volunteers his time mentoring future attorneys as part of the Illinois State Bar Association Moot Court Competition. During the 2013–14 season, he worked with students from the Maine South High School Moot Court team.
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, 1978
- B.S., University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, 1973
- Illinois Creditors' Bar Association
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- University of Illinois' Alumni Real Estate Forum